For people who need extra medical support to live independently at home and have the help of a qualified Carer on a daily basis.
Home Care Plus helps people to monitor their health at home, with the support of medical expertise and technology to prompt extra care when it’s needed. The service can be a long-term solution that enables clients with medical conditions to continue to live in the comfort of their own home.
- The client is fully assessed at home by a medical specialist
- A clinical care programme is designed and health monitoring needs are planned e.g. blood pressure, heart rate, sugar levels
- “Normal” levels are established for each patient as a benchmark for their health
- We liaise with the Home and Community Care team to implement the monitoring process
- Medical devices are supplied for the Carer to take the health measurements in the home, typically on a daily basis, though this may be twice a day.
- This data is transmitted electronically to a Health Centre
- Readings outside the “normal” range trigger remote assessment by a medical professional
- The designated person is contacted e.g. the client, carer or family member and the appropriate action is recommended.
There are many benefits of Home Care Plus but at the heart of it lies the philosophy of Earslfort eHealthwatch – which is to facilitate people to grow old in the comfort of their own homes, with appropriate levels of medical attention, that affords older people the dignity they deserve.
For clients, carers and families alike, it offers the re-assurance of continuous, high-quality medical monitoring, at a level traditionally only available at hospitals and medical facilities. It’s also considerably more cost-effective than moving to a nursing home. It can result in fewer visits to the A&E, speedier intervention for health issues and more security for the customer.
For hospitals, A&E Depts and medical services, it can reduce the resources needed to give necessary medical attention to the elderly in the local community. It also offers a useful alternative that you can recommend to people at a stressful time in their lives. Ultimately it can save costs, increase efficiencies and offer a better level of truly personalised, quality care in the persons own home.
Please call us now on +353 (0)1 839 6610 or email to find out more. We look forward to your call.